Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall Adventures

Fall is my favorite time to explore nature with the kids because so much is going on outside. Before the leaves started falling outside, we made our leaves blow around and fall inside.
We also walked the big kids to school and on our way home discovered many different colors on trees and plants. As the wind blew gently, we tried to count how many leaves it blew down...there were so many with each breeze!

We also have been playing "board games" that come with our curriculum each month. Although the concepts are mostly matching and counting, the turn-taking aspect of playing is what we are focusing on. They do pretty well!
One of the most special characteristics of this group though, is by far how they encourage each other! I love it when I hear a friend say to another, "What a great job!", "I love what you made!", or "I am so proud of you!"


No comments:

Post a Comment